Thursday, November 15, 2007

Welcome to Parodyland

So, I have been watching some trusty Mr. Show episodes recently, and last night I watched one of my all time favorites: the Mr. Show Lost Episode. In this episode, they perform what is probably one of my all time favorite tv show parodies, with the "Altered State of Druggachusettes" sketch. Here it is for your enjoyment (btw, if some readers out there still don't have audio, then I apologize for all these video posts - we'll work on that):



Now, this was a parody of Sid and Marty Crofft's HR Pufnstuf. Now, I have acquired all the HR Pufnstuf episodes, and in my personal opinion, it sucks. That show is basically only good for parody and nostalgia. Anyway, here is a clip of the show intro, so you can get a feel for what it was like:



Now I wonder, noble readers, what are your favorite tv show parodies? If you can find video clips of them, please post them in the comments.

No comments: