Saturday, October 6, 2007

How to Sleep 4 Hours per Night

I have always wished that I could be one of those people who could subsist on just a few hours of sleep per night, and seem to be unaffected. That is why I was so intrigued by this article from Discover, which states:
The technique, transcranial magnetic stimulation, involves an electromagnetic coil that emits pulses of skull-penetrating, neuron-activating magnetic energy....previous studies have indicated that TMS applied at certain frequencies during sleep can improve memory. Even more intriguing, says Tononi, “there is the possibility that if you have particularly intense slow waves” like the ones the machine induces, “you may be able to do with less sleep.

However, the article also states that this technology is a long way off. So, I guess I'll just have to keep on sleeping the old fashioned way.

No comments: