Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Jimmy Wales = Creepy Eyes

Let me start off by saying that I absolutely love Wikipedia. I'm a compulsive user, and I edit every now and again. Regardless of what its critics may say, I still think the site is the best source of information on the internet Because of this, I'm quite grateful to the site's founder, Jimmy Wales. That being said, I need to point out that Jimmy Wales has creepy eyes.

Wikipedia is currently soliciting donations via a banner that appears at the top of every page on the site. Contained within the banner is a link to a 3 minute video featuring the site's founder. It raises some very valid points, and I suggest you watch it (give it at least 11 seconds). Here is the video for your enjoyment, below are my thoughts.



What really caught my attention were the two close-up shots of Jimbo's eyes. The first time it happened, it scared the shit out of me. However, the second time it seemed oddly familiar. But seriously, I cannot figure out why they did that. The zoom on the hands was infinitely less creepy. If they absolutely had to zoom on his eyes, couldn't they have had him looking in a different direction? Did he have to be staring right at us? While this is a minor issue (which I'm probably blowing out of proportion), I certainly came away from the video thinking most about those eyes (hence this post), which probably isn't a good thing. Am I the only one creeped out by those eyes?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

4chan has a lot of ppl freaked cos of that

Anonymous said...

I just Googled "Jimmy Wales is creepy" and, this blog was the first to come in results :p
I totaly, totaly agree with you.
But srsly, his eyes do look kinda cute, like from those japanese hentai characters.

Anonymous said...

So funny! I just googled "Jimmy Wales creepy" because I cannot believe those pictures on the banner. I think he's trying to look sensitive but I feel like he's got that perverted priest vibe in those pictures.

Anonymous said...

I also Googled "Jimmy Wales creepy" because of THOSE EYES! It's that stare where one eye is a little more closed than the other. Looks either accusatory or maliciously contemplative, like "What should I tie you up with before stripping your flesh off the bone, rope or handcuffs?"